RE: How Much Editing of Graphics Do You Do?

Subject: RE: How Much Editing of Graphics Do You Do?
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 14:32:42 -0500

Bruce,

I consider graphics to be as much a content item as conceptual or overview
text, and instructions. I picked a style that seemed to fit the audience
and product. When I capture, I make those adjustments to fit the generic
style, which often includes cropping them so they fit in popups without the
need to scroll. Usually the only writing I remove or change is something
that's obviously a test case, nonsensical strings of characters and such.

It takes a bit of time to do, but not overly much. I guess you just have to
like mucking around in Paint Shop :)

Connie P. Giordano
Senior Technical Writer
Advisor Technology Services
A Fidelity Investments Company
704-330-2069 (w)
704-330-2350 (f)
704-957-8450 (c)
connie -dot- giordano -at- fmr -dot- com <mailto:connie -dot- giordano -at- fmr -dot- com>

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to
do it." - Pablo Picasso