Re: THANKS! Re: It's time to go, soon...

Subject: Re: THANKS! Re: It's time to go, soon...
From: Janice Gelb <janice -dot- gelb -at- eng -dot- sun -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 09:09:46 -0800

Michele wrote:

> I too am a newcomer to this group and was surprised by the tone of
> "many" postings. You said:
>
> "Perhaps had you been reading this group longer, you would
> realize that Eric's response is likely the cumulative result of
> years of volunteer effort to walk the very fine line between
> members who think that any moderating at all is heavy-handed
> and subverting their constitutional right to free speech and
> other people who think that people are getting away with
> murder."
>
> Is this a testing field (forum) for civil and liberal rights or a
> point of resource for Technical Writing???

The examples were to indicate extreme positions on both sides.
Not everyone understands that joining a moderated lists means
that the moderator occasionally needs to step in.

> PS... Your employer puts on a really great conference!

Thanks!

Janice Gelb | Just speaking for me, not Sun.
janice -dot- gelb -at- eng -dot- sun -dot- com | http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8018/

www.ehelp.com/techwr