ISO follies redux

Subject: ISO follies redux
From: "Alex Silbajoris" <alsilba -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 16:31:23

Since I wrote earlier about having to apply a standard ISO format to all documents, I've received clarification that templates for deliverables need not conform. What a relief!

As for the internal documents, I'm willing to abide by the rules even if they are silly. I understand that they want all the documents to look the same, but I don't think they understand how much variability there can be among documents, and how a single standard will not always work well in every example.

This is one of the times I get disgusted enough to give someone exactly what they ask for, and let the poor results speak for themselves. You would laugh to see a trainer's checklist that I converted. One line has only the words "while the conversion is processed" spanning the full width of the page. It looks like some of the early publishing software the newspapers were using a few years ago.

Thanks to all who responded.

- A

www.ehelp.com/techwr