RE: risk assessment

Subject: RE: risk assessment
From: "Carey Jennifer (Cry)" <jennifer -dot- carey -at- cdi -dot- cerberus -dot- ch>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 13:32:34 +0100

Jeff asked:
"Does anyone have a list of examples of risks that are specifically related
to the technical writing field? I am making creating a risk assessment list
right now and want to make sure not to forget to include any types of
potential risks. My specific area is software documentation and related
technical documentation. I would be willing to provide a summary list of the
risks to TECHWR-L.
Thanks."
Jeff,

This is the current list of general requirements, assumptions and risks that
I have in my doc plans. I also add any specific problems I see on the
horizon. It's still a work in progress though:

ASSUMPTIONS:
-Any significant changes to the (name) application will be communicated to
the writer as soon as possible, and may affect the final delivery date.
-Any changes to the documentation plan will affect the final delivery date
and should be discussed.

REQUIREMENTS:
-The writer requires access throughout the project to a stable version of
the system that has been set up and configured to look and behave like the
system the typical primary end-user will have.
-The (name) team will provide the writer with documentation of any changes
to the project specification because they may affect the final
documentation.
-The writer requires a reasonable amount of access to SME's.
-For procedure validation, the writer will need access to an appropriate
individual to perform the procedures.
-For procedure validation, the writer and validator will need access to the
test system.
-The writer will be notified any changes that might impact the
documentation.
-The writer will be notified of any changes that might impact the project
schedule.

DEPENDENCIES & RISKS:
1. Availability of SME's
2. Availability of (Name) System
3. Timely communication of changes to the application.
4. Timely review and return of review copies.

www.ehelp.com/techwr