Re: THANKS! Re: It's time to go

Subject: Re: THANKS! Re: It's time to go
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:28:08 -0800 (PST)

Michael...

Since you are a newcomer here, I'll be gentle.

You can say what you want about us. Some of us may have a low BS
tolerance but we tolerate it a little bit. Some of us aren't looking
to receive 4,000 "you poor thing" fill our mailbox, but it takes
awhile for use to say "suck it up" and we don't do it often. Some of
us expect ANYONE to do their homework before cranking out questions,
but will give an equal measure of help and nudge at the same time.
Some of us have seen others come and go.

What some of us don't tolerate is:

> >What to do about it? I haven't any idea.
>
> .strikes me as rather embarrassingly weak and pitiable. If you wish
> to run a
> list, then I would say you need to get your act together and do so.

6 weeks, in the lifetime of many of us the list just warrants coming
out of lurking for the first time to introduce yourself. You haven't
seen how things are handled. You have no basis from which to form
this opinion. He doesn't moderate the list...He OWNS the list. We are
guests here...4,000+ of us. He pushes a button on his end and poof,
the list is gone....with more money in his pocket at the end of the
month. This isn't a Yahoo group (no insult to HATT is intentioned).

You owe Eric a public apology

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
Current gig ending 4/15