Usability

Subject: Usability
From: "Colonna, Heidi" <HColonna -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 12:08:36 -0600

For a decade I have documented GUI (User Guides, Reference Guide, Quick Ref
Guides, admin guides). Now I'm working for a company that is primarily
hardware. I'm in the midst of evaluating the task-oriented documentation we
produce. There's one type of document we produce that I am very unfamiliar
with and cannot find any Tech Writing books on. If anyone from this list is
familiar with Maintenance Manuals for pieces of hardware, and can recommend
any Web sites, books, whatever that discuss Maintenance Manuals/Guides, I'd
would very much appreciate any info.

Thanks much.

Heidi S. Colonna
Software Technical Writer

hcolonna -at- zebra -dot- com <mailto:hcolonna -at- zebra -dot- com>