Creating help file in XML.

Subject: Creating help file in XML.
From: Robert Rinehart <rrinehart -at- smithdata -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 15:37:57 -0500

Greetings all.

I am at the start of my third month as a technical writer.
This morning I was told to create a help file in XML. There will also need
to be a printable manual. I am to create these in Word 2000.

I have never used XML before. I am told I can build the help file
(procedural) first, then create the printable manual from it.

Does anyone here know of an online tutorial or book that will allow me to
learn how to create this XML help file in Word 2000?

Thanks!

Robert Rinehart
Technical Writer

P.S. I promise I am not trying to start a tool war.