RE: ISO follies

Subject: RE: ISO follies
From: "Steve Hudson" <cruddy -at- optushome -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 07:25:03 +1100

Dear Alex,

in addition to the other perfect advice and to be lightly platonic, perhaps
the issue here comes back to

"It's not an event that disturbs a man, but rather his view of that event"

So, as formatting and layout are obviously mandated from above, make sure
that she is set as teh owner of the style guide and this stuff is written
down, then implement it, ignore it and keep on writing. Send her an email
saying you disagree with her styling decisions because of readability issues
but will go with it. Keep a copy of this email. Hopefully someone else
somewhere will crack a fat over it, you could even help encourage the same.
She is planted solely as the responsible one, gets the ass, you get her job
and the payrise.

So, take this an opportunity for advancement and smile nicely at her every
day - just think it could be her last and then bye bye shadows of doom :-)

Keep a smile on yer dial!

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia
HDK List MVP
For Questions regarding MS-Word please use the MS news servers or a mailing
list in preference to heretic -at- tdfa -dot- com -dot- Ideally, post to
msnews.microsoft.com and send me an email to go answer it.