RE: What a predicament!

Subject: RE: What a predicament!
From: "Maggie Secara" <maggiros -at- adelphia -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 14:10:30 -0800

> > "We need screenshots in the help,
> > we need context-sensitive topics in
> > the TOC, we need you to document the
> > print dialog, we need you to copy this
> > manual as closely as possible,..."

No one has the patent on including screen shots in Help. (I don't use them, but
not because it's copying someone else's idea.) Or on the various uses of tables
of contents.

What's wrong with documenting the Print dialog? You include a Print function,
(even though it probably looks like everyone else's Print dialog anyway) it
should be documented.

Most important, apparently: What do you mean by "copy"? Do you mean using the
layout, format, style, use of color, justification as a model--as some people
are assuming--or retyping the text itself, word for word?

Maggie Secara