AW: Video to CD

Subject: AW: Video to CD
From: Shea Michael EXT <Michael -dot- Shea -dot- extern -at- icn -dot- siemens -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 15:52:59 +0100

I am NOT an expert here but I am going to give my two cents anyway.

Size is going to be your first issue. Like I said, this isn't exactly my field, but I do know that for Video DSL you need about 4 Mbit/s of throughput. In your case that comes to about 660 MB. I assue that would be at 30 frames a second. Start cutting the frames and the video is going to starting looking like what you can download off the Internet.

More importantly I think you will want to decide on the presentation. Is the user just to pop it in their computer and it will start up? If so, you need to decide what platforms you are going to support MAC, PC, ?? and figure out what tools you are going to need so that it starts up. Otherwise you are going to have to present a list of system requirements and provide instructions to users on what they need to install on their computer to get the video to work.

This is part of knowing your audience. Who is going to get the CD and do you have any control or knowledge about what kind of equipment they have. I assume that they must be pretty interested in what your Marketing Department has to say, otherwise, who would sit through 22 minutes of presentation when they have other things to do.

Hope that is useful.

Michael Shea
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 8179 9307 19, Fax: +49 8179 9307 12
E-Mail: shea -at- r-l -dot- de <mailto:shea -at- r-l -dot- de>, Web: www.r-l.de <http://www.r-l.de>
Handelsregister: München HRB 99345