RE: PDF to doc conversion (WIndows)

Subject: RE: PDF to doc conversion (WIndows)
From: Uma_Nakkeeran <Uma_Nakkeeran -at- satyam -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:19:06 +0530

Hi Sylvia,

There is - if you use Drake - acrobat pluggin....
Conversion of PDF to RTF (RTF formats can be opened in Word) is possible!.

You can either buy the utility to fully avail all the features or download a
demo version From http://www.bclcomputers.com/products/drake/drake.htm

Let me share my experience in using the Demo version of Drake Acrobat
pluggin.

I wanted to convert a PDF file(source file: PPT) to RTF format and these are
the problems i faced after conversion. (The problems could be due to the
appl'n being a demo version AND the source file being a PPT file)

After conversion.......
* The contents are accurate in the text slides...
* But in some of the image slides, which has contents within the boxes
are not displayed.
* If there is an inserted object (as bmp/jpg, etc for ex., logo), it
is displayed as a Mirror image!!!!!!.....(probably, we need to show a mirror
in front of the computer i guess ;-))
The demo version converts only alternate pages.
Say, if i give 1-20 for convert as RTF...it converts only 1, 3, 5, 7,
....19) with this message...................

This page is not extracted in the demo version.
BCL

http://www.bcl-computers.com
in those pages, which were not converted!!!!!!

Solution : convert 1-20 first and then convert 2-20 again to get 2,4,6,8,
....20

If you have the full verison, probably, the conversion will be more easier i
guess :-)

With Warm Regards,
Uma Nakkeeran
Satyam Computer Services Ltd.,

"A computer is almost human - except that it does not blame its mistakes on
another computer."

> From: Sylvia Braunstein[SMTP:sbraun -at- rugged -dot- com]
>
> Is there a way to convert pdfs to doc (not with acrobat) while
> maintaining the formatting or at least most of it? I used
> ghostview/script, but i can only convert docs to pdfs.
>
> Thanks
> Sylvia

is appreciated.