Re: Tired of giving out technical advice for free

Subject: Re: Tired of giving out technical advice for free
From: "Brad Jensen" <brad -at- elstore -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 17:15:04 -0600

Here's another way:

"Thank you for your kind response. Because of the easy access through the
Internet, I now get dozens of requests for follow-on information each day,
and I have reluctantly had to limit the time I spend on these requests.

I have a special research rate of $95 an hour, with a 3 hour minimum, for
these sort of research requests. this is half of my non-contract rate of
$180 an hour. If you would like me to do some research for you, please send
an email with ' research request' as the subject line, and either your
credit card or purchase order information, and an outline of your request."

"And thanks again for writing."

There's no reason to resent people asking for free help, if you are willing
to put a value on your services and be kind but firm about it.

Brad Jensen
www.eufrates.com
If you want more consultation on this, my billing rate is $500 an hour