Re: Word styles, resumes, and being pragmatic

Subject: Re: Word styles, resumes, and being pragmatic
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:21:34 -0500

Brad,

Thanks for understanding that I was not accusing you of anything.

The practice I described (auto-rejecting any résumé with a picture or other "identifying" information), in the one case I know some details about, resulted from a federal consent decree, not from any internally generated fear that the company's managers might discriminate.

I was just saying the practice is out there, and people who want to work for giant corporations should be aware of it. That kind of company isn't my cup of tea (or yours, either, apparently), but de gustibus non est diputandum.

Dick

[big snip to avoid running afoul of the Lyris bot]