Re: If I change it, is it mine?

Subject: Re: If I change it, is it mine?
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 04:46:06 -0800 (PST)

Justin,

I think you can answer your own question if you reverse the situation. If you
owned the copyright to that material, what would *I* have to do to it in order
to be able to pass it off as something *I* owned? Would removing client names
and graphics links be sufficient for you to feel I hadn't 'stolen' your
intellectual property?

However, that's not a legal answer. If you want a legal answer, you need to
consult a lawyer who knows copyright law.

=====
Tom Murrell
Lead Technical Writer
Alliance Data Systems
Columbus, Ohio
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
Personal Web Page - http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html
Page Last Updated 02/11/02

http://sports.yahoo.com