Re: I can't imagine where this portrayal came from...

Subject: Re: I can't imagine where this portrayal came from...
From: "Brad Jensen" <brad -at- elstore -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 00:34:03 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce Byfield" <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Cc: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 10:46 PM

> "Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes (EAA)" wrote:
> >
> > So by including us in the Dilbert strip as an identifiable
sub-culture
> > member of his "office world" Mr Adams is paying us a
compliment....

> Isn't this a bit of a stretch? With her constant anger and wish
for
> respect, she's hardly a role-model.
>
> Dilbert is satirical and, like all the other characters, Tina
is a
> caricature. What's more, she's a wickedly funny one (without
trying, I
> could name a dozen writers who could have modelled for Tina,
all equally
> insistent that they are skilled professionals who don't get any
> respect).I enjoy the somewhat distorted accuracy of the
character, and
> she's even forced me into a rueful admission of my own excesses
at
> times. But I wouldn't look beyond the satire (but, then, I
don't have to
> any more, because I no longer teach English ;-).
>
> I wonder, though, if those who feel insulted by the character
realize
> that they are part of the composite that she's made from.

You think you got problem, my employees insist on identifying me
with the pointy-haired boss!

And I'm the guy that wrote the original software!

And the docs.

And the marketing materials.

And sold it.

(i'd kind of like to be dogbert.)
-

Brad Jensen
President Electronic Storage Corporation
LaserVault Report and Image Archiving Systems
brad -at- elstore -dot- com

President Eufrates.com LLC
Create your own elearning site in minutes
brad -dot- jensen -at- eufrates -dot- com