Re: History means "Before self" LONG (was RE: legality of web links t o articles?

Subject: Re: History means "Before self" LONG (was RE: legality of web links t o articles?
From: Kelley <kwalker2 -at- gte -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 20:21:04 -0500

some dork (moi) wrote:

I can remember my father learning COBALT in community college classes before TCP was a glimmer Vint Cerf's eye.

heh. my dad says I could never get it right back then, either. It's COBOL. If anyone remembers, you'll know that my tendency to call it cobalt instead of COBOL was largely influenced by the Mood Ring, which turned a lovely cobalt blue if you were happy! LOL.

sorry Eric but I'm sure the insult fest would have continued on gleefully if I didn't correct my gaffe.

awaiting the ADMIN message,

kelley