Windows Find dialog and wild-card searches

Subject: Windows Find dialog and wild-card searches
From: Peter Kleczka <pkleczka -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 12:24:28 -0800 (PST)

Hi Techwrlers

I'm trying to document excactly how to
use Windows98's Find dialog. And specifically
how to do wildcard searches, case-sensitive
searching etc.

Of course I looked at the online help and
it says that you can type any part of a
file's name and it will display.
However if you type ".htm" it won't find
anything unless you add an asterisk
like "*.htm". Case sensitive searching
doesn't seem to work consistently either.
In fact, it changes my query to lowercase
even if I type it in upper case.

If you can point me to a resource where
the use of Windows98 Find dialog is
well documented please let me know (and