Linking client files to web help

Subject: Linking client files to web help
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:01:20 -0500

Cross-posted to TECHWR-L and HATT:

One of our client companies has asked us about linking some of their
existing files to our help files. This is an xml/xslt application deployed
over an intranet (developed in Visual Interdev). The help system is Web
Help (created in RH 9.2). We would like to avoid providing source files and
having them alter the existing system, but I don't know what format the
files will be in. My question is, is it possible to create a script that
would execute on installation of the application, that would allow external
files to be linked to help system after it is generated? If not, are there
any alternatives besides giving them source files?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Connie P. Giordano
Senior Technical Writer
Advisor Technology Services
A Fidelity Investments Company
704-330-2069 (w)
704-330-2350 (f)
704-957-8450 (c)

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to
do it." - Pablo Picasso