RE: Word Losing Custom Document Properties

Subject: RE: Word Losing Custom Document Properties
From: "Steve Hudson" <cruddy -at- optushome -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 22:44:43 +1100

G'day Stewy,

You had me puzzled at first, then I saw the key phrase (excuse me whilst I
execute the get_beer function... <pfft> <gurgle bubble gurgle> *ahhh*

FAR EAST

different locale settings etc. Now I have seen around the MS News servers
problems with people being UNABLE to enter DBCS (Far East Character Sets)
into their custom or std properties and positive acceptance that these
properties just don't have that attribute potential.

So its a twist on a known problem, lets face it, a whole lotta software is
trying to come to REAL grips with Unicode proper. Somewhere in this reply
the real answer lieth buried hidden :-) Nice twist though - much nastier.
Thanks for the warning for when our Nipponese office opens :-)

Steve Hudson, Word Heretic
HDK List MVP
Word help and tools: heretic -at- tdfa -dot- com