Re: Baaad Hard Return

Subject: Re: Baaad Hard Return
From: Meg Halter <aiki4us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 13:58:51 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for all the replies but I'm just not getting it. Maybe
the brain needs more caffeine.

In this word doc, each figure is actually an "object" in
Word-speak. Each object is anchored to a paragraph and is quite
docile about following the paragraph. The problem is when the
object is, say, 3 inches tall and there is only one inch of
space left at the bottom of the page. Then the top edge of the
object is right below the paragraph (as it should be) and
extends down the page, past the page number and right off the
bottom edge. The caption appears on the following page.

Since each object is the full width of the page, there is no
text wrapping.

When I look the in position tab of the Formatting object menu, I
see a vertical position option which controls the postioning of
the upper edge of the object relative to a paragraph, margin, or
page. I also see "move object with text" (checked) and "lock
anchor" (unchecked). "Float over text" is greyed out.

Further advice greatly appreciated.

-- Meg (Who is feeling pretty dense at the moment.)

http://auctions.yahoo.com