RE: Seeking VxWorks BSP Documentation advice

Subject: RE: Seeking VxWorks BSP Documentation advice
From: "Dave Neufeld" <Dave_Neufeld -at- spectrumsignal -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 10:12:26 -0800

-]We should stay in closer contact, because VxWorks BSP documentation is
-]part of my new documentation assignment. Just yesterday I
-]learned about
-]refgen after submitting a trouble ticket. (You'd think that there'd be
-]an index entry for "HTML," "documentation (generation)," "code
-]comments," "comments," etc. that could get some BSP ignorant
-]person like
-]myself to Appendix D where refgen is buried with nary an index entry.)

Refer to chapter 9 of the BSP Developers Guide. This is not installed as part of Tornado. I had to borrow a hardcopy from a developer.

-]If I find myself faced with the same problem, what I'll do is put a
-]special tag into the comments that references an external file (like a
-]GIF). I'll update my tools that do post-processing to turn that into a
-]duly qualified HTML href.

That was my first thot, but it doesn't seem to be an option according to the BSP Dev Guide.

-]By the way, I recently got permission to open-source my
-]post-processing
-]tools (Perl, Unix Shell scripts, and HTML). I'll be happy to
-]blast you a
-]copy.

I'm pretty weak on Unix and its scripts 'n such. I'm lazy and just code up stuff in MSWord (which is what I use at my current company). Haven't touched Frame and mif tools for years...

-]I will be updating my tools to process the refgen HTML files to create
-]TOC and index tokens. I need to wrap this HTML output into a bigger
-]system comprised of mini-HTML systems coming from Doxygen (other code
-]areas) and FrameMaker/Mif2Go (where overview, how-to stuff is).

We're figuring out how to happily and efficiently incorporate Doxygen and the TWs into the developent stream together.

-]In fact, if I'm confronted with the diagrams that you
-]suggest, I will be
-]putting them into the FrameMaker files and not in the code where the
-]code reference material is.

Board diagram showing jumpers 'n such needs to be in BSP online docs according to the BSP Devlopers Guide. Chapter 9 has substantial style content.