RE: Looks like we'll have to agree...

Subject: RE: Looks like we'll have to agree...
From: "Lydia Wong" <lydiaw -at- fpoint -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:14:57 -0500

Susie wrote (in part, and replying to previous messages concerning her
questions about docs processes):

"I am close enough that I can look at the
source code for the SDK and point out missing and redundant methods, and you
know what? Developers don't like it when a lowly technical writer does
that. It makes them look bad, and they've told me that. So maybe if I dumb
it down a little, they might learn to like me more."

If you decide to "dumb it down a little" Susie, and that makes them "learn
to like you more" GET OUT and get out fast. If they can't accept corrections
from you, they need to grow up. It's not your job to be their mom or to get
them to like you. It is their job and yours to respect your work and the
requirements for developing documentation. If they can't, and it sounds like
your managers are giving them little reason to respect your work, find
another job.

People don't respect "dumb," Susie. Don't ever sell yourself short like
that.

Lydia
Lydia Wong
Technical Writer