RE: TM symbol in GUI

Subject: RE: TM symbol in GUI
From: "Steve Hudson" <cruddy -at- optushome -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 09:30:57 +1100

Font issue basically - dont try and use the unicode TM symbol in your menus
etc as text. Unicode is flakily incorporated by MS and they know it.

We have a splash screen and it notes any trademarks that appear in the GUI.
For example, we use PANTONE(R) Colors(R) in our software, so the Pantone TM
disclaimer appears on the splash screen.

You don't have to list all the TM's your DOCS use. Just what the GUI uses.

Eg - my install stuff says "Get Adobe Acrosplat Slow-Reader to read the mush
I call the user manual" so my docs title page has a TM disclaimer for it.
Its NOT on the splash screen as the software doesn't mention Reader
anywhere, although it does read and write PDF. It also read / writes GIF and
we don't disclaim on that either. There IS a reasonable usage clause for
this reason after all :-)

Steve Hudson, Word Heretic
HDK List MVP
Word help and tools: heretic -at- tdfa -dot- com