Re: pondering page numbers

Subject: Re: pondering page numbers
From: "Bob Hooker" <rlhooker -at- telocity -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 15:42:39 -0500

We write and print in PDF in 8.5x11. Our printing company reduces the size
to 7x9 (about 81%.) for the hard copy.
The system works great for us. We can print drafts for in-house review at
8.5x11 and customers can pull the manuals off our web site and print them
without making any adjustments. The printed versions at 7x9 work well
because they are easier for users to handle. The only considerations we have
is that the body font be relatively large (13 points) and that screen shots
and diagrams are easily legible when reduced.