RE: pondering page numbers

Subject: RE: pondering page numbers
From: Marguerite Krupp <mkrupp -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:44:31 -0500

Hi Sue, and all,

In its infinite wisdom, Cisco has up format our pages as approx 7x9, but
since everything is distributed electronically, people print our pdfs
however they want. I suspect, but I can't prove, that almost everyone prints
with "fit to page" turned on, which probably makes the whole thing more
legible, as we use a small font size for the body text.

To address the difference between roman-numbered front matter/chapter-page
numbered body text in the printed version and continuous page numbering in
the print version, I dug out the following from my "tools" folder, saved
from the techwr-l archives: