RE: Seeking VxWorks BSP Documentation advice

Subject: RE: Seeking VxWorks BSP Documentation advice
From: "Glenn Maxey" <glenn -dot- maxey -at- voyanttech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:10:35 -0700

Hi Dave,

We should stay in closer contact, because VxWorks BSP documentation is
part of my new documentation assignment. Just yesterday I learned about
refgen after submitting a trouble ticket. (You'd think that there'd be
an index entry for "HTML," "documentation (generation)," "code
comments," "comments," etc. that could get some BSP ignorant person like
myself to Appendix D where refgen is buried with nary an index entry.)

If I find myself faced with the same problem, what I'll do is put a
special tag into the comments that references an external file (like a
GIF). I'll update my tools that do post-processing to turn that into a
duly qualified HTML href.

By the way, I recently got permission to open-source my post-processing
tools (Perl, Unix Shell scripts, and HTML). I'll be happy to blast you a
copy.

I will be updating my tools to process the refgen HTML files to create
TOC and index tokens. I need to wrap this HTML output into a bigger
system comprised of mini-HTML systems coming from Doxygen (other code
areas) and FrameMaker/Mif2Go (where overview, how-to stuff is).

In fact, if I'm confronted with the diagrams that you suggest, I will be
putting them into the FrameMaker files and not in the code where the
code reference material is.

Glenn Maxey
Technical Writer
Voyant Technologies, Inc.
1765 West 121st Avenue
Westminster, CO 80234-2301
Tel. +1 303.223.5164
Fax. +1 303.223.5275
glenn -dot- maxey -at- voyanttech -dot- com