RE: Is this associated with our fearless leader?

Subject: RE: Is this associated with our fearless leader?
From: "Tom Johnson" <johnsont -at- starcutter -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:24:30 -0500

I think, and hope, OUR Rays don't have anything to do with this. It does
have something to do with technical communication though.

An interesting piece of marketing double-speak. It sounds like it isn't a
vibrator, but uses two electrodes to stimulate muscles instead. Read the
following paragraph carefully.

"The Raycom Personal Massager provides a stimulating muscle workout that was
previously only possible with conventional Electronic Muscles Stimulation
(EMS) devices. Based on established EMS principles, however, Raycom Personal
Massager has made it possible to stimulate your tired muscles and relax your
body in the absence of normal physical exercise."

What is that "however" supposed to mean. I hope I don't ever have to write
snake oil propaganda like that.

Tom Johnson
231-264-5661 voice
231-264-5663 fax