RE: Anyone Hide Easter Eggs in Docs?

Subject: RE: Anyone Hide Easter Eggs in Docs?
From: "Dan Hall" <dhall -at- san-carlos -dot- rms -dot- slb -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:13:42 -0600

I found several "accidental" Easter eggs in our documentation
database just yesterday.

Apparently our db "engineer" was doing some tests on the
database (we're changing the schema to support more features)
and needed some "sample entries" so that he could test the
add, delete, and modify record functions.

Imagine my surprise when searching for a doc that needed
updating to find "Harry Potter and the Flaming Radio of
Death" along with "Curious George and the Electric Fence"
listed in the document database.

I walked around the corner laughing, and confronted the
miscreant. As I left his cube, I heard him mutter, "I hope
no one saw these, and I hope none of the salacious ones
were left in there." Gulp!

It was funny since I caught them. It might have been less
humorous if an internal (or, heaven forefend, external)
customer had stumbled across them.

Dan

It is the mark of an educated mind to rest satisfied
with the degree of precision which the nature of the
subject admits and not to seek exactness where only
an approximation is possible. - Aristotle