RE: Anyone Hide Easter Eggs in Docs?

Subject: RE: Anyone Hide Easter Eggs in Docs?
From: "Jane Carnall" <jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:20:03 -0000

-----Original Message-----
>I'm just wondering if any of you hide "easter eggs" in your documentation?
>I've been in this business *forever*, and I know that hiding funny stuff in
>technical documents goes back at least to the '60's.

I once produced a manual with a lot of screen-dumps showing fields that had
to have people's names inserted, and could show relationships among those
people. If this manual is still in use (it was years ago) it shows Cowley,
George: married to Ross, Kate: two children Bodie and Raymond: address
Asquad Road, London. Not exactly an Easter Egg by the classic definition,
but it gave me a certain amount of harmless fun <g> at least, I think it was
harmless, and I know it was fun.

Jane Carnall
The writers all stand around a cauldron chanting and occasionally tossing in
a small easter egg.

E-mail is an informal method of communication and may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment for which Digital Bridges Ltd will accept no liability. Therefore, it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information contained on e-mail without obtaining written confirmation.