Re: Wardrobe/shoe choice for Interviews: is height an issue for women?

Subject: Re: Wardrobe/shoe choice for Interviews: is height an issue for women?
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 09:03:06 -0800

Depends. I am 6' 1/2". If I am going into a new place, no heels. I don't
know what short man I am going to encounter who has a negative thing about
women towering over them. But sometimes for the second + time or a kick-off
meeting, I will wear heels, if it seems to work in my favor.

And I have been known to wear a mid thigh skirt with those heels, if I think
it might make a subtle influential difference. Or might intimidate someone I
want intimidated. Being really tall is so much fun! And Estella - you cannot
minimize our height. People will notice us from across the room because we
are tall. So use it to your advantage.

If you need info on where to buy clothes, contact me. For those of you who
do not have a 36" inseam, you simply do not understand how much clothes that
fit mean. It is not the same problem as petite women. Really, not the same
at all. Beside you can walk into any department store and purchase off the
rack. So frustrating.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590
www.anthrobytes.com
Vice-president, Programs of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org