Re: [Re: [RE: Gray hair and first impressions]]

Subject: Re: [Re: [RE: Gray hair and first impressions]]
From: Hannah <to -dot- hannah -at- usa -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 18 Jan 2002 14:44:55 EST

Keith,

No worries - he got no sympathy. The point was, he made that choice. His
finances (had 3 months paid vacation and a guaranteed job on a ship waiting
for him when that ran up if he found no land job) and situation (no kids, no
dependants) allowed him the luxury to make the choice and take the time.

It does come down to assessing your needs and what you are willing to do to
have them met. Some won't work on military contracts as a general rule but
some of those may budge if it meant a choice between keeping the house or not.
Just as each company assesses their needs and what they are willing to do to
have them met. Some allow their employees to have and show tattoos, piercings,
and let them wear cut off jeans to work. Others are not willing to accept this
and may lose talent due to their choice. But that's they're decision and the
reality is, if we want to work for them, we must abide by it.

Them's the rules.

hannah Bissell
to -dot- hannah -at- usa -dot- net

Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.amexmail.com/?A=1