Re: I like mine better

Subject: Re: I like mine better
From: Annamaria Profit <inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 20:04:22 -0500

As a former college-level English instructor, I come down on the side of Process (singular) Improves (singular). It's agreement of tenses. Sorry. But there's another violation I see too. Bullet points need to be the same verb form/structure--improves, automates, confirms...etc. (Parallelism)

At 08:49 AM 1/17/02 -0800, John Posada wrote:
I'm going back and forth with an analyst on something. I have the
following paragraph:

-------
This new process delivers the following benefits to the business:
- Improve adherence to corporate discount policies, increase sales
efficiencies, improve margins, automate and expedite a
standardized Discount Approval process.
- Automate workflow of schedule of authorization table lookup to:
- Confirm Level of authorization

Annamaria Profit
E-mail: inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net
"Where it is possible, live in peace with all men."

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr