Re: Toastmasters

Subject: Re: Toastmasters
From: "Laura A Mac Lemale" <lmaclemale -at- paychex -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:39:45 -0500

David, and all,

One of the writers in my group participates in Toastmasters during the lunch hour,
a program that the company provides. She is active in that organization and, FWIW,
her participation has brought about more opportunities internally for facilitating
trainings and meetings.

In each session, several people are given some time to talk about a topic or
topics. Some extemperaneous speaking is required as well. For formal speeches,
one member rings a bell for every pause, _um_, or _uh_ (probably the _like_ and
_you knows_ too) made by the speaker. Another member is assigned to review grammar
and language and discuss the fine points after the speech concludes. All of these
exercises should contribute to one's language and organization skills as well as
public speaking.

Don't know if it's already been posted, but here's a link to an _About
Toastmasters_ site: http://www.toastmasters.org/about.htm.

Hope this information helps,
Laura

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this message represent those of the sender and
not of Paychex, Inc.

--
Laura MacLemale
Technical Writer, EDV

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr