Re: Online Portfolio(from:job interview question...)

Subject: Re: Online Portfolio(from:job interview question...)
From: "Flo Gherman" <flore36 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 02:21:12 +0000

...how interviewers use portfolios.Does the interviewer read or scan, etc.

----
I am teaching a technical writing course and one of the assignments of the course is the creation of a portfolio. A portfolio should outline your skills. It should not be the encyclopedia of your writing career, but make sure it points out your strongest skills.

I think the interviewers scan the portfolio.

-----

My question is, does anyone put their portfolio online?

----
I think putting your portfolio online is a good idea. It shows your work and your ability to create and maintain a Web site. Don't give up the hardcopy portfolio though. A portfolio can be a good icebreaker during any interview.

Regards,
Flore

"Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough" said Emily Dickinson

Attention ForeHelp and Doc-to-Help Users! Upgrade your existing product to RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr