RE: Lingua Franca Today

Subject: RE: Lingua Franca Today
From: jrondeau <jrondeau -at- OREGON -dot- UOREGON -dot- EDU>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:12:47 -0800

Among other things, I'm fascinated by how this thread has turned into a
discussion of something quite different from the original question.

>From what I can tell from various job descriptions and postings, the term you
want (alas!) is Business English.

(Strictly speaking -- to follow the _other_ variant on this thread -- in the
spirit of etymological and historial precision, the phrase you want probably
isn't lingua franca. But that's academic nitpicking for you. I liked your
original use of the term, anyway.)

Jennifer

>===== Original Message From kelley <kwalker2 -at- gte -dot- net> =====
>Hi folks,