Re: Question about dressing for job interviews

Subject: Re: Question about dressing for job interviews
From: "Jonathan Soukup" <JSoukup -at- at-track -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 08:20:46 -0600

I'm wondering if the best answer isn't to just go ahead and ask when you schedule the interview. "By the way, what's your office dress code?"

I've walked into places wearing the suit and tie when it's sandal and flip-flop Friday. I'm not sure it contributes to clear communication on my behalf, because it makes me a lot more uncomfortable. I wouldn't use it as an excuse to dress like a slob, but maybe I'd leave the jacket at home, and wear a colored shirt with a tie as opposed to a white shirt.

That's just my opinion in Texas. Take it for what it's worth. My dress shoes are black ostrich cowboy boots.

-Jonathan Soukup

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr