Re: Outline Tools

Subject: Re: Outline Tools
From: Jen Vetterli <jvettrli -at- attcanada -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 17:44:31 -0500

I've used the freeware versions of both Treepad and MyInfo. I like them both, but MyInfo has a slight edge for its ability to handle hyperlinks and its ability to handle an unlimited amount of text in one branch. (Treepad, on the other hand, has more export options in the freeware version, and is more portable -- you can run it off a floppy disk.)

These apps are great tools for gathering ideas and research notes. (I use MyInfo to save TECHWR-L posts that I find useful.)

However, when it comes time to write a unique document, I'll still use Word's outline function. MyInfo and Treepad are more like repositories for information than composition tools.

HTH,
Jen Vetterli

Subject: Outline Tools
From: Steve Lefevers <scl -at- pcisys -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:52:25 -0700
My Email Address is scl -at- pcisys -dot- net
Since Outlines are so crucial to Document Preparation and Design, I've found
2 Free Outline Programs that are supposedly outstanding.
1. Treepad (at Treepad.com)
2. My Info (at My Info.com)
Has anyone used either of these 5 star rated programs or do you prefer to
simply use Word's Outline View for your Outlines?
Thanks in advance.

Collect Royalties, Not Rejection Letters! Tell us your rejection story when you submit your manuscript to iUniverse Nov. 6 -Dec. 15 and get five free copies of your book. What are you waiting for? http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr