RE: Making a Business Case for Separate Doc/Training Dept

Subject: RE: Making a Business Case for Separate Doc/Training Dept
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 10:00:23 -0800

Megan,
Okay, I'm a CEO (ahem): I'd want to know what the change to the dept
structure is going to allow Doc/Training to do that the current
structure does not allow. What's the current problem? What are the other
alternatives? What's going to change? If all these support functions are
tightly integrated, how would that be affected by what you're proposing?
Is this change going to have political implications that I'm going to
have to deal with? What would compel me to actually make the change is
that it would lower my costs, improve customer service, contribute to a
better product, and create fewer problems than it solves.

Excuse me now, I'm off to inform the cat of the new policies regarding
playing on the dining room table.

Lisa

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr