Re: FrameMaker and MS Word

Subject: Re: FrameMaker and MS Word
From: "Sherri B" <sherribondy -at- lycos -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 06:35:27 -0800

Here's my question re Frame v Word. I'm a lone writer in an internet architecture department. I've been thinking about Frame because lots of our documents go over 150 pages and Word tends to throw up when it gets to that size.

If I go with Frame, can I import my documents and reasonably retain stuff? (ie formatting, images, diagrams)? What about exporting them back to Word - is this possible? I'm concerned about becoming a stand alone unit that no one can interface with - I also don't want to be the only one that able to update documents.

There's no way they will buy multiple documents for all the architects who also write their own documentation, so I'm stuck being the only one with it.

Thoughts?

Sherri
in Toronto

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr