RE: Quark vs InDesign

Subject: RE: Quark vs InDesign
From: Wil Gaffga <WilG -at- gibbsCAM -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:01:13 -0800

Either is a good choice for page layout. Indesign has the edge in
typography, (its just gorgeous). QXP has the edge in having been around
longer thus having more functions, bells, whistles and 3rd party support.

Indesign: totally unacceptable for creating books, magazines - yes, books -
no. Almost no support for this function yet.
Quark: Good for books. Version 4 added many book functions. However, I would
not recommend it for any technical pub ... trust me, I was glad to move to
FrameMaker after many years of QXP. For design intensive books, it is _the_
way to go.

HTH.

Wil

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr