Re: Anyone familiar with "aspforums"?

Subject: Re: Anyone familiar with "aspforums"?
From: richard smith <richard -dot- smith -at- windriver -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:31:41 -0800

Dick,

I implemented a foums site using snitz forumz 2000, which is a free open source
ASP based forum package. Snitz has a high degree of configurability. It was
reasonably easy, and ran nicely. No major problems, and didn't appear to be a
resource hog, but we had a fairly small user group.

The IIS implementation is a bit simpler, but it does work on apache with
mod_ASP as well. You also have a few choices as to which db to use. All of the
configurable elements of the forum are modified via a web interface. I would
imagine that asp forums is similarly easy to set up and maintain. Do check out
snitz though, it is pretty awesome.

--
Richard