Paragraph spacing in Word

Subject: Paragraph spacing in Word
From: techwriter -at- supalife -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:00:46 +0000

Hello all
I've checked the archives and have found half an answer, but...

Between paragraphs Word adds the 'space below' the top one and the 'space
above' the next one. (That's my half answer from the archives!) Usually this
is fine, but what looks good for normal paragraphs (eg Heading1 > Body,
Heading2 > Body, Heading2 > Body etc) looks just plain daft where there are
two Headings together (Heading1 > Heading2 > Body). Likewise what looks good
when there are two or more reasonably spaced headings together doesn't leave
enough space where there is one heading only.

I've experimented with making all the spacing above and none below and vice
versa but without luck.

I can work round this for myself by making two Heading1s (one with space below
and one without) etc but I'm trying to create templates for everyone in the
business to use for just about everything (only about 10, 000 people in the UK
and a similar number throughout (the rest of) Europe...), so they have to be
(ahem) idiot-proof...

Do any of you have a solution? Or ideas? As soon as I get this done I can get
back to writing technical documentation....

I'm on digest so please CC me on any responses.
Many thanks
Lil

--
Message sent with Supanet E-mail

RoboHelp for FREE, through January 15th. RoboHelp can import your existing
Help projects! Learn how else RoboHelp can benefit you. www.ehelp.com/techwr