Doctorate degree: international cooperation: basic questions

Subject: Doctorate degree: international cooperation: basic questions
From: Cristiane Galvão <mgalvao -at- unb -dot- br>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 09:16:31 -0200 (EDT)

Good morning!

I´m looking for a doctorate course in TW, Linguistics
or Information Science and I have some doubts. If an
universitary professor can help me, I thanks.

I´m doctorate student at University of Brasilia
(Brazil). My research is about technical and scientific
communication, specially "textual communication of
softwares". Then, I have interest to study textual
linguistics theory applied at software handbook
construction.

I can stay in another country some months (maybe 6/8
months, for exemple: September or November 2002/June
2003) to obtain specific knowledge about this subject.
The Government of Brazil will pay all costs/fees
involved - it is a specific kind of international
cooperation. Does your university have interest in this
kind of cooperation with short time of duration?

If yes, what may I do to have an official universitary
Professor/Supervisor to assist my research and stage in
these months? (Brazil will pay the supervision).

I speak Spanish, French, English and Portuguese but I
prefer study in Canada, US, Spain, or UK.

I´m so great for all information.

Sincerely,

Cristiane Galvao

Profa. Cristiane Galvão