RE: Citing "expired" sources

Subject: RE: Citing "expired" sources
From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 08:39:18 -0600

The MLA guidelines have already addressed this issue so perhaps the rumored new edition of the CMS (I've heard one is coming in the first half of this year) will too. The MLA style says to list the date you looked at the page as well as the date it was posted (if available).

One possible thing you can do next time for a CYA is make sure that you (if you are doing the writing) or the author (if you are editing) print out the page and retain a copy in your files.