RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question - might be a rant ;-)

Subject: RE: New TECHWR-L Poll Question - might be a rant ;-)
From: "Sean O'Donoghue-Hayes (EAA)" <Sean.O'Donoghue-Hayes -at- ericsson -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 11:58:30 +1100

Cp-workers. All of them. They are all parasites, locusts, and carrion
eaters. Feeding off the brilliance of the technical writers.

We are like sponges in a sea of neglect, filtering the impurities from the
work produced and creating greater works than they could have ever
envisaged.

The Sistine Chapel - that was a depiction of technical writers, the
developers/coworkers reaching upward towards the inspiring, all commanding,
all knowledgeable, all wise figure of a supreme being - the technical
writer.

I mean dealing with co-workers is something we all have to put up with, but
like them? Does a butcher like the sausage meat when he/she is making
sausages? They are like hamsters, running on their wheels, oblivious to the
world beyond their wheels, whilst we sweep across their limited vistas -
creatures so far beyond their comprehension as to be mistaken for aliens or
gods.

It is likely the Pyramids were built in reverence to a successful technical
writer. Pharaoh actually means "he who interprets". Think Moses, Think
Technical Writer. Think Charlemagne, Think Technical Writer.

Whilst Think Neanderthal, Think Co-Workers.

So in response to the poll, about 100% - and despite your self-effacing
comments I know you all think the same! From the Olympus we wander down
amongst the mortals and assist them - of course they don't appreciate it -
how can they appreciate something beyond their comprehension.

Your ever humble scribe.
Sean