Translating a document into PDF

Subject: Translating a document into PDF
From: JRessler -at- ewa-denver -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 14:03:46 -0700

After much debate offline about copyright infringement, I would like to
thank everyone for their much respected input. I assure you that it was
not my (as a consultant), intent to evade copyright laws. My intent was
to acquire a document in PDF form so it could be delivered to the customer
(The US Government) upon delivery. An E-book does not provide that
capability. We only intended to acquire and use one document. The
problem was that the common way of acquiring it (E-Book)locked the usage
to one PC and could not be transferred to other media. I used the example
of "DOS for Dummies" to illustrate a sample help guide, and the problems I
encountered.

I hoped that someone would share some information in how to obtain this
type of documentation, legally of course. I obviously did not convey my
goal very clearly or completely. Lesson Learned.

I respect each opinion, and thank all of those who contributed, especially
those who were concerned about copyright infringement. Feedback is
welcomed, as well as appreciated. Without feedback, we tend to become
stagnant.

JR

Sponsored by eHelp Corporation, makers of RoboHelp - the industry standard
in Help authoring. Download a trial version today or get special savings when
you buy the RoboHelp 2002 Holiday Edition. Visit http://www.ehelp.com/techwr