Re: Client hemming and hawing over payment

Subject: Re: Client hemming and hawing over payment
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 12:56:34 -0800

Whether you like it or not, you are running a business. Because of that, you
should have a contract that specifies rates, purchase orders, invoicing,
payment schedules, etc. If you do not have that and you are doing work for
them, you just found out why this is important to have. Put it in place now.

And, sad to say, 30 day payment cycles are normal. Everyone wants to be paid
right away, no one wants to pay until they have to.

Get a contract in place and a purchase order number to bill against. We
never start working until we get a purchase order. When a client calls for
us to do work, all my writers are trained to say "And does Sharon have a
purchase order number to bill against?"

My thoughts and limited experience on a lovely Friday afternoon when I would
rather be riding the new bike Santa brought me. It is blue and has 27 gears
(I think)!!

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590
www.anthrobytes.com
Vice-president, Programs of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org