Big Red X

Subject: Big Red X
From: "Kiewiet, Loraine" <Loraine -dot- Kiewiet -at- indymacbank -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 08:45:08 -0800

I've checked the archives and my "big red X" problem is not exactly the
same, so I don't think the solutions apply.

Here are the details.
1. The document is a simple, mostly text, Normal template, file.
2. There is one graphic. It was originally a JPG, but I did a Save As to
create a 16-color BMP.
3. I have tried both Insert>Picture>From File, and Copy/Paste to insert the
BMP. When using Insert, I made sure that Link was NOT selected.
4. This is Word 97 on Windows 98.
5. I even tried creating a new document, copying and pasting all of the
text, and then inserting the BMP.

Both ways of inserting it intermittently result in the Big Red X. Sometimes
I open the file and it is still there. Then later in the day, it will be
gone.

Along the way, the document increased in size from 240KB to 1.1MB, due to
multiple "pastes" I suppose. That's when I created the new doc.

Any ideas? Thanks!
--Lorraine

Sponsored by eHelp Corporation, makers of RoboHelp - the industry standard
in Help authoring. Download a trial version today or get special savings when
you buy the RoboHelp 2002 Holiday Edition. Visit http://www.ehelp.com/techwr