RE: Using References in your work

Subject: RE: Using References in your work
From: "Sue" <skirk -at- iprimus -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 05:44:04 +1000

Thanks Geoff and Everyone

Its Ok I was just confused, really it was the issue of copyright I was
having the confusion over. The material I'm writing has all been
written before, example, communication skills. I wasn't sure how I went
about writing that information without copying someone else's work,
guess because of deadlines, I was looking to cut corners.

Maggie gave me good advice when she said "That's writing with some
imagination and originality" which I guess is the biggest trick of the
trade *smiles* The lucky thing for me is I'm actually writing about
"writing" so I'm learning as I go and I have to write about copyright so
the research on that helped.

Happy New Year Everyone

Susan Kirk
Information Developer