Word Features

Subject: Word Features
From: Steve Lefevers <scl -at- pcisys -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 20:00:54 -0700

My Email Address is scl -at- pcisys -dot- net

For Those of you who use Microsoft Word at work for your Technical Writing
can you
give me a general idea which of the following Word Features you actually use
and are practical for your Documentation and which Features to avoid?

Auto Format
Auto Format as you Type
Auto Correct
Auto Text
Custom Dictionary
Styles
Automatic Style Updates
Auto Text
Auto Correct
Tables
Frames
Borders
Numbered Lists
Multi-Numbered Lists
Track Changes
Master-Sub Documents
Route Document
Protect Document
Mail Merge
Comments
Macros
Headers/Footers
Cross Referencing
Automatic Cross Referencing
Fields
Captions
Table of Contents
Indexing
Appendices
Conversion Filters ? To Convert Word Document to .pdf File
Outline View
Page Layout View
Templates
Forms

Thanks
Steve

custom cover design, and distribution to 25,000 retailers. And it's
affordable. Join our almost 10,000 published authors today.
http://www.iuniverse.com/media/techwr

Sponsored by eHelp Corporation, makers of RoboHelp - the industry standard
in Help authoring. Download a trial version today or get special savings when
you buy the RoboHelp 2002 Holiday Edition. Visit http://www.ehelp.com/techwr